Attest, the buyer analysis platform has launched the findings from its first Quarterly UK & US Media Consumption Tracker. The info gives steady insights into how customers’ habits throughout tv, audio, information and social media proceed to evolve in each international locations.
For publishers, the important thing tendencies are curated right here, separated by US and UK audiences.
Twitter achieves little development in utilization in Q.1
- When put next with Q.4 2021, Twitter achieved a tiny 0.9 share level improve in weekly customers by the tip of Q.1 2022.
Fb, Instagram & most of all, Snapchat, endure rise in ‘non-users’ this previous quarter
- Fb and Instagram noticed their numbers of non-users improve (by 2.3 and a pair of.5 share factors respectively). Nevertheless, Snapchat had the best lack of customers with a 3.3 share level improve within the quantity of people that by no means use it, leaving nicely over half of People (53.2%) as non-users.
TikTok is the one social media platform to develop in utilization, and YouTube’s each day utilization spikes
- TikTok was the one social media platform to point out development amongst non-users. Nevertheless, YouTube noticed a major spike in lively, each day customers – leaping by practically 5 share factors that means 52% of the US public use the platform every day. Youtube Music is now virtually neck and neck with Spotify.
People carry on studying (and paying) for content material subscriptions
- Paid-for content material subscriptions to media have held up, with subscription ranges for digital content material remaining precisely the identical (at 14.3% of People).
Listening habits throughout music streaming and podcasts are trending upwards
- Podcasts are being listened to extra regularly, with a 2.2 share level improve in folks listening on a weekly foundation.
- Practically a fifth of People (19.5%) don’t have interaction with any mainstream digital media information retailers. Ever.
Fb and Instagram develop at a quicker fee than their opponents
- There was a leap in each day utilization throughout Fb and Instagram within the UK, with 62% of Britons utilizing Fb every day, while 47% use Instagram on daily basis. TikTok additionally confirmed consumer development within the UK with the proportion of people that admitted to “by no means” utilizing it falling by 4%.
Twitter struggles for customers within the UK
- Twitter recorded a disappointing efficiency, with the proportion of Britons who say they “by no means” use the platform standing at 40%.
Podcasts proceed robust development within the UK
- There’s a 3.7 share level improve in folks listening to podcasts “just a few instances every week” pointing to wider adoption of this audio format amongst the British public. Audiobook utilization is falling, nonetheless, maybe due to the excessive value per title.
Spotify nonetheless guidelines as the most well-liked music streaming platform
- Spotify retains its place as the most well-liked music streaming platform amongst UK customers, with 46% of Britain’s music lovers utilizing the service.
Subscriptions falling barely
- There have been slight decreases amongst the general public in digital-only, print+digital and print-only subscriptions from This fall to Q1. The overwhelming majority of Britons don’t pay for content material subscriptions for both print or digital media (67%) and this determine has stayed static between quarters.